Sutton Foster, who starred alongside Gilmore Girls’ Kelly Bishop in Amy Sherman-Palladino’s short-lived Bunheads series, has joined the confirmed cast of Gilmore Girls: Seasons, the 4-episode revival planned to appear on Netflix later this year. Sutton currently can be seen on the TV Land series Younger.
It is not clear yet what role Sutton will play on the series, as she doesn’t seem to fit in with any of the known guest characters, nor how many episodes we will see her star in. For fans of Amy Sherman-Palladino’s work, this is a great crossover episode and I can’t wait to see if Sutton and Lauren Graham will have scenes together.
Some fans are hoping that Sutton will appear in-character from Bunheads, but I’m not sure that would fit with the alternate timeline we have of Kelly Bishop on Gilmore Girls!
Amy Sherman-Palladino is known for her loyalty, and often transfers actors between shows. Bunheads saw many Gilmore Girls guest stars: Kelly Bishop, Rose Abdoo, Liza Weil, Gregg Henry, Sean Gunn, Michael DeLuise and Todd Lowe.
PHOTO Credit: JAMIE MCCARTHY/GETTY
Gilmore Girls Revival: The Missing Faces
The upcoming Gilmore Girls revival for Netflix, currently filming now through June 30th, includes 4 90-minute episodes, Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. The series, tentatively titled Gilmore Girls: Seasons has brought back together many Gilmore Girls actors whom we’ve all come to know and love.
Gilmore Girls Revival: Who Are We Missing?
As of today, there are 25 returning actors for Gilmore Girls: Seasons, but that does leave us with a long list of missing characters. Of course, this doesn’t mean that these actors will not be returning to Gilmore Girls for the reboot, simply that we don’t yet know one way or the other yet. Even for those who have had a lot of media attention, such as Melissa McCarthy, we can always hold out hope that they will join the returning cast.
Right now, the most notably absent of actors and characters include:
- Edward Herrmann as Richard Gilmore – Edward passed away in 2015 and his character’s death will be a main focus of the first episode
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James – Melissa says she was not invited, though Amy Sherman-Palladino previously expressed interest in having her for even a short role, perhaps assuming her schedule was too busy
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Luke’s Sister, Liz Danes – Kathleen has also publicly noted she was not invited back, hinting perhaps at a falling-out
- Jackson Douglas as Jackson Belleville – it would make sense that if Sookie were absent from Stars Hollow, so too would her husband be
- Alan Loayza as Colin McCrae – Given news that Tanc Sade will be returning as Finn, perhaps it’s reasonable to hope for other players in the Life & Death Brigade?
- Ted Rooney as Morey Dell – we have confirmation that Babette will be back, but not yet her husband
- Sebastian Bach as Gil – with all current members of Hep Alien back (Keiko Agena, John Cabrera and Todd Lowe), we have been eagerly awaiting a response from Sebastian as to his involvement (he is open to the idea)
- Biff Yeager as Tom – Stars Hollow needs its contractor!
- Michael DeLuise as T.J. – given the possible estrangement between Kathleen Wilhoite and those involved in Gilmore Girls, perhaps no Liz means no T.J.?
- Chris Eigeman as Jason Stiles – is his storyline complete? His last appearance was in Season 4
- Adam Brody as Dave Rygalski – there are many interested in Adam Brody’s return to Gilmore Girls, serving as the original member of Hep Alien. Could he be back in the band?
- Sherilyn Fenn as Anna Nardini – with the confirmation of the return of Luke’s daughter April, played by Vanessa Marano, this isn’t entirely unlikely
- Gregg Henry as Mitchum Huntzberger – we have Logan back, thanks to Matt Czuchry, so perhaps his dad will follow too?
- Wayne Wilcox as Marty – although Marty’s storyline seems complete, Wayne himself thinks Marty is a strong contender for Rory’s hand
As you can imagine, there are a lot of additional characters who played major roles in Gilmore Girls throughout the series, the question remains whether they can be integrated back into the revival or whether their plot lines were completed already. Of course, you could continue the list in so many ways… if the Life & Death Brigade members are back, what about other university friends? Lucy (Krysten Ritter), Tana (Olivia Hack) or Olivia (Michelle Ongkingco)? The list goes on.
Who do you think is likely to return? Who else is missing from the above list that you expect back?
Scott Patterson Says “Gilmore” Reunion Likely
Our man Ausiello talked with Scott Patterson’s (Luke Danes on Gilmore Girls) about his new show, The Event, and managed to steer the conversation over to the possibility of a Gilmore Girls reunion movie… Scott’s direct quote was, when asked if he would revisit his role as Luke:
“Oh sure, why not. I would welcome that. And I hope that that happens. I think the fans deserve it. And I think the fans are so loyal and so faithful that it probably will happen. I don’t have any information on it, but I think there’s some energy moving in that direction from little tidbits I hear from around town…
I hope we can revisit it before too long because I think there’s a lot more stuff there to play. And I miss all those people. I haven’t seen a lot of them in a couple of years and I think it would be a real ‘kick in the pants’ to get back there and do a film.”
Scott also describes his Gilmore Girls experience as “the best job I ever had.” Aw!
Alexis Bledel13 years ago
Alexis Bledel by Vijat Mohindra
Tech8 months ago
Kia UVO Connect: Enhancing Your Driving Experience with Advanced Connectivity
Fashion8 months ago
GME stock marketwatch
Apps9 months ago
Minecraft Login Tips & Tricks
Glamour10 months ago
Blue Ribbons Oscars Baftas 2023 Oscar Awards?
Alexis Bledel13 years ago
Alexis Bledel Completes “Girl Walks Into a Bar”
Trends10 years ago
Was Michel Gay Or Just French?
Glamour10 months ago
Why Aaron Taylor-Johnson Fans Are Rejoicing Over Those Joey King Cheating Rumors